Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Juggling Projects

Since I've finished my first Diagonal Box Stitch, I've been back to working on another rainbow ripple from Attic24's Neat Ripple Pattern.  This time for my mother for Christmas.

But I loved the box stitch so much and how it turned out that I've also started two other diagonal afghans.  One for my sister in five shades of blue, with the shades being five chunks of color that don't repeat - it starts out in Red Heart's Soft Navy, then Royal, Blue, Delft Blue, and Light Blue.  The other afghan will be in large stripes of ten rows of Ranch Red, Light Raspberry, Aruba Sea, Cornmeal, Carrot, Delft Blue, Tea Leaf and either Orchid or Lavendar.

I keep flipping from one project to another.  Thank God I had bought several large canvas totes from Aldi, the kind they sell to haul your groceries, because they make perfect project bags.  The rate I'm going, I'll get all three done at the same time!  LOL

I'm looking forward to the fall.  Crocheting in the summer isn't especially breezy when you mostly make afghans.  Plus the coming months are my favorite of the year.  My husband and I will have our fourth anniversary in September, then he'll turn 40 in October and I'll be 31 in November, then my older sister's birthday.  Halloween, Thanksgiving, my mother's birthday and Christmas.

When I get these three afghans done I want to take another go at Attic24's Hexagon afghan.  The first time around I told myself to let the ends dangle and I'd get to them later.  Two years later and it is still Tentacle City on the back of the afghan.  This time I'm going to make all the rounds first, crochet over the ends while I go, and then do the last rounds and join them as I go. 

I needs moar yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment