Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Finished! (Well, almost!)

I've been working on a Diagonal/Corner Box Stitch afghan since July 13th and I finished it Monday!  Well, almost, all I have to do now is darn in those pesky freaking ends, wash it and dry and give it to my mother-in-law for her 69th birthday tomorrow!  :)

I just love how easily it went.  I already want to do another one!  I would be more selective with the colors, though, but this was stash Vanna yarn.

My fat princess cat Ruby, enjoying the spread out afghan while I try to take a picture of it!  LOL

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see your spotted handle in the picture, cute!

    That boxstitch is amazing! I will definitely put that on my to do list. What a wonderful birthday gift.

    By the way, love, love, love your blog layout. A bit scrapbookish.

    Kiss Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Woo hoo, a comment! Yay! :)

    The box stitch is so simple and fun to do, it just flies by, but the whole time I was thinking of other color combos for the future.

    I had made two red polka dot hooks using red glitter clay and white for the dots, but for the dots I made a tiny ball and then smooshed it as flat as I could. They still came out a little bumpy. Oh well! I'm going to order some canes and try what you did.

    I got my blog layout from shabbyblogs.com, including the header, and they have a ton to choose from. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a double take because your cat (although a bit fluffier) is almost the identical of the one my husband and I just adopted a week ago from a shelter. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that blanket stitch. Looks like something I can use for the afghan I'd like to make for our camper.

    Your cat is funny.

    ReplyDelete