Saturday, July 16, 2011

Productive me!

In the past I've gone long stretches of not crocheting.  I've thought of patterns I'd like to do, I'd buy the yarn, and then . . . not get around to it.  This past year or so I've been on it, though, consistently making afghan after afghan.  My wrist isn't exactly thanking me!  LOL

It seems the more I crochet the more I can't stop planning different projects.  I've been working down my accumulated stash of yarn and I'm beginning to worry about what I'm going to do with myself when I go to my shelves of yarn and need more!  Yarn is getting more and more expensive it seems.

I've been working on Attic24's Neat Ripple Pattern and loving it.  I made a rainbow throw for my sister-in-law in May, in twenty-one days.  I loved it so much I'm making a duplicate for myself, swapping out RedHeart Cornmeal for Lemon.


I'm using thirteen shades of Wal-Mart cheapo Red Heart yarn.  I take it to work with me and get quite a bit accomplished.  Then the other day I was looking through patterns on ravelry and stumbled upon this pattern for a Diagonal Box Stitch afghan.  My brain went nuts thinking of different color combos.

I have a stash of Vanna White yarn that's so old it's the 7oz size skeins, in various dusty/autumn colors.  So I figured I'd learn the pattern and test it out using that yarn and OMG I love it!

So I've been working on these two projects the past few days and my hands don't know which they want to do!


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, crocheting is just so much fun and there are so many nice projects to choose from :)
    I have also have been working on a blanket using Attic24's Neat Ripple pattern, but I must admit I put it aside about a year ago because I couldn't resist starting other projects. I'm sure I'll finish my Neat Ripple blanket some time though, I think it's a really fun pattern and the result looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppy - resisting the urge to begin other projects is incredibly hard sometimes! It usually hits me nearly half-way through an afghan. I start thinking of different color combos and I just can't wait. I tell myself I'll work on them together and switch off, but I have quite a few dead end afghans that will be WIPs for a long while to come. :)

    ReplyDelete